My Trees Are Not Looking Well, How Do I Know If They Are Sick?
When you are questioning the health of your trees, the best way to know if your trees are sick is to contact an experienced tree company promptly. It is difficult for most homeowners to know if their trees are sick until the tree is in the severe stages of disease. The arbor care company has ISA certified arborists, tree doctors, highly-trained tree experts and arborists that treat sick trees. These specialists have extensive knowledge and experience in the tree care business and are well-acquainted with the common tree sicknesses throughout Arlington. By entrusting the care of your trees to an experienced tree company, you will have peace in knowing that your trees will receive the best of care.
What Are Signs Of Sickness In Trees?
Different varieties of trees will have varying ways that sicknesses will be evident. In addition, different tree diseases cause different symptoms to manifest. However, there are common indications that will indicate the tree is declining in health:
- Thinning Appearance: Healthy trees will have a full canopy with no obvious bare spots within the foliage and branches. If the tree has an overall thinning appearance then it is most likely ailing.
- Peeling Bark: Bark should be solid and consistent in texture and thickness on the tree’s trunk. Bark falling, chipping, flaking or peeling indicate the tree is not well.
- Premature Defoliation: Have you noticed your trees are dropping leaves excessively? Are they shedding their leaves at the wrong time of the year? Premature defoliation is a firm indication that the trees are sick. Contact a tree care specialist promptly if you observe there is excessive leaf loss with your trees.
- Excessive Water And Moisture At The Tree’s Base: It is common in suburban residential grounds to have areas with standing water, very moist soil or soil compaction from high foot traffic or construction activities. Many fungal diseases thrive and multiply rapidly in wet areas. Fungal tree sicknesses will cause the roots on trees to decay. An arbor care professional will correct and eliminate these wet areas that can damage your trees.
- Yellowing, Browning Or Dark Spots On Leaves: Your tree foliage should be the appropriate color for the tree’s variety and will be free from blemishes when it is healthy. Unsightly black spots are indicative of serious tree diseases. Any yellowing, browning or dark, blotchy areas are cause for concern. A tree doctor should be contacted quickly.
- Branches Falling & Dead Branches: Healthy tree branches will be pliable and will not break when they are bent. Branches falling that are bare and dead branches on your grounds indicate tree sickness. Contact a tree expert immediately if your branches snap when they are bent.
What Can I Do To Improve The Appearance And Health Of My Trees?
Working with an experienced tree company is always the best way to ensure that your trees will be beautiful and healthy. If your trees are sick, a tree doctor will administer the necessary treatment to restore their health. The earlier that treatment is administered then the greater the chances are that your trees will recover. There are numerous health-boosting treatments to guard your trees from sickness, as well as protective measures to reduce the likelihood that your trees will become ill. Your trees are prized investments that increase your property value.
- Tree Health Assessment: This important tree sickness preventative is performed by an ISA certified arborist who closely examines the tree. If the tree is weak and vulnerable to disease then the ISA certified arborist will see to it that it receives the nutrients it need to restore its health.
- Deep Root Fertilization: This is very important for your trees! After determining the specific minerals and nutrients the tree requires, a highly-trained tree expert injects under pressure the liquid fertilizer into the tree’s root zone and under grass roots. Oxygen that is injected aerates the soil and eliminates soil compaction and the damage that it can cause. Trees that receive this key health treatment annually are 95% less likely to become sick. Their root structure is able to grow sufficiently and the tree’s health is rejuvenated.
- Regular Tree Pruning: Frequently, trees planted in close range of each other develop branches that block sufficient sunlight and proper air circulation is inhibited. Regularly-scheduled tree pruning by a tree pruning service prevents over-crowded branches and ensures the trees are receiving adequate sunlight. Air flow that tree pruning creates helps prevent foliage from being wet and vulnerable to fungal pathogens.
- Controlled Watering: Drought conditions prevent the tree from receiving the water it requires. Sprinkler systems often leave foliage wet and vulnerable to disease. Soil drenching administered and monitored by a tree care specialist ensures that your trees receive adequate water and also prevent the leaves of your trees from being wet and inviting tree sickness.
- Prevent Wounds: Many tree sicknesses target trees that are weak, damaged and have obvious wounds. Unintentional wounding occurs frequently by weed trimmers and shovels. Always entrust the care of your residential grounds to a professional tree care service who will see to it that your trees are not damaged by regular lawn care maintenance.
- Early Diagnosis & Treatment: As with any illness, the earlier the sickness is diagnosed and treated then the greater the likelihood of recovery. If you observe or are uncertain if your trees are sick then contact a tree expert immediately. The earlier that treatment is administered then the less likely your trees are to suffer severe damage.