I Noticed A Lot Of Insects Around My Trees. Can Tree Pests Harm My Trees?
Yes! Most homeowners do not realize how much damage insect pests can cause, so you are not alone. Left untreated, many tree pests reproduce rapidly and can not only destroy your trees but can also overtake your entire outdoor grounds and even enter your home. It is imperative to contact us immediately when you first observe insect pests on your trees or property.
What Tree Pests Are Common In Arlington?
There are many common tree pests that are prevalent throughout Arlington and the DFW metroplex area. Our ISA certified arborist, tree doctors and arborists that treat sick trees are continuously encountering these tree destroyers. Early treatment is essential to minimize the severe damage that tree pests can inflict. The following are some of the tree pests that our tree experts regularly administer treatment for and eliminate:
- SPIDER MITES: These microscopic pests reproduce at an alarming rate and will rapidly overtake your entire residence if treatment is not administered quickly. They leave tiny bite marks on the top side of foliage and spin fine, silky webbing on the underside of leaves.
- EMERALD ASH BORERS: Infesting only ash tree varieties, these vibrant green beetles destroy the tree’s entire vascular system. Premature defoliation and small bark holes where they enter the tree are indicative of their infestation. Left untreated, they will eventually kill your tree.
- BAG WORMS: Small cone-like structures suspending from your fir trees are not pine cones! These deceptive insects create the structures from bark and leaf remnants and then hide within while they feast upon fir needles. The cones must be removed and destroyed by a professional tree service in order to prevent the bagworms from reproducing.
- APHIDS: These tiny insects cluster together on plant stems and leaves while they siphon the nutrients from tree foliage and plants. Early treatment is essential because aphids multiply at an alarming rate.
- WOOD BORERS: The larvae first invade the tree through its bark and then eat elaborate, winding tunnels throughout the tree’s entire wood core. Without treatment, the tree will eventually die.
- WEBWORMS: These worms will quickly turn your entire outdoor habitat into an unsightly eyesore! They spin white webbed bags throughout the branches of your trees and then hide inside them while they eat your tree’s foliage.
What Can I Do To Eliminate Tree Pests?
Prevention is the best defense against tree pests! It is essential to guard the health of your trees and prevent tree pests from ever infesting them. Eliminating tree pests requires the skills and knowledge of a tree care specialist. Contact the best arborist in Arlington, Texas and entrust the care of your prized trees, plants and residential grounds to experienced arbor care professional. A customized continual tree and plant health care maintenance plan will ensure your trees will be healthy and strong and not become vulnerable to tree pest infestation. Our ISA certified arborist, highly-trained tree experts, and arborists that treat sick trees will see to it that you never are subjected to the stress, tree damage and high costs of tree replacement that tree pests are capable of causing.